The 2009 Champions were unable to unite against old timers yet newcomers, Caiman FC of Douala as both sides separated on a goalless game on Sunday afternoon at the Tiko town green – a rather satisfactory draw for the Samba boys who went down to ten men with a quarter of an hour left to go.
The Samba boys did not start the season in fine fashion as they stumbled to a defensively tight Caïman team who wanted to grab at least a point from the game.
Though disappointed, the fans could savour the draw as a good performance it was a new look Tiko United team without most of last year’s regulars that took to the pitch. If the Cameroon Football federation, FECAFOOT, has failed on several occasions to honour former Junior Lions coach, Alain Wabo with a minute of silence, notably during the finals of the cup of Cameroon and recently during the kick off of the championship last Saturday in Douala, the Tiko public took it as an obligation to reserve a minute of silence for their former coach as the players played with black wrist-bands to pay homage to the man who brought them back to Elite football. But Wabo’s spirit could not intervene to provide the strikers he left behind the goal that would have liberated the Tiko public.
Worse and not the worst, Ake Ambeno who until the 75th minute had been the man of the match was given his marching orders after an off-camera scene which could only be explained by the linesman. But the Samba boys kept their heads up and pushed forward till the blast of the final whistle – not a fine start for them but the real test is yet to come on the second playing day when they travel up north to the red-hot champions, Cotonsport of Garoua.
– Score: Tiko United 0:0 Caiman of Douala
– Date: Sunday 14th November 2010
– Venue: Tiko Town Green
– Spectators: About 3000 Spectators
– Bookings: Njewel(90+1 min) for Caiman.
– Expulsion: Ake Ambeno(76th min) for Tiko United
– Officials: Central Referee: ITONG Christian – First Assistant: ENYEGUE Pierre
Second Assistant: EBALLE ZE – Fourth Referee: YEMY Serge – General Coordinator: NDUMBE EYOUM SAMA – Match Delegate: NDAM ABDOU
– Teams :
- Tiko United: 16 Ebere Chinobi (GK), 18 Ngane Ayo, 03 Djondang Joel, 14 Kongnyuy Divine, 02 Kibong Lam Etienne, 08 Ache Endong (Nganwa Romeo 60th min), 20 Mario Elimbi, 04 Tamen Medrano(cap),13 Mokake Ndemen(Moumie Abde 46th min), 05 Bate Etah, 15 Aka Ambeno.
Unused Substitutes: 22 Nzonku Djogua(GK), 21 Ntonme Yannick, 06 Akangmba, 17 Tchoing Olivier, 11 Nkafu Chapadjong. Coach: Ayisi Dominique.
- Caiman Club, Douala: 22, Fodjo(GK),03 Zame, 02 Eyoum, 10 Ekwalla, 06 Tobbo, 09 Maloka, 14 Dipita(Siliki 83rd min), 08 Njewel(cap), 20 Makon, 17 Elimbi, 12 Nkondje(Mfopou 57th min) Unused Substitutes: 05 Moukoko, 17, Bayiha, 16 Ngwende(GK), 07 Moundi. Coach: Gabriel Zabo.